Join Go Red For Women for National Wear Red Day on Feb. 5, 2016. There are lots of ways you can go red and raise awareness of the high risk of heart disease in women.
· Wear Red! We want you, your friends, family, company or school to wear red and post a picture on social media using hashtag #TulsaGoRed.
· Light your building red! Many local companies and organizations will be celebrating the day by lighting their buildings red including BOK Tower, Cancer Treatment Centers of America and Saint Francis Health System.
· Host a heart healthy lunch! Provide healthy snacks or lunch for your friends or coworkers. Recipes and tips available at www.goredforwomen.org
· Get Active! Go for a walk or join your friends for a group fitness class. Getting active reduces your risk of heart disease!
· Download the Wear Red Day Toolkit! Included are posters, flyers, social media graphics and heart health information.
· Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter @AHATulsa.
We want to see photos of all the ways you go red this year! Please post your pictures on social media using the hashtag #TulsaGoRed.
Let’s unite to prevent heart disease and stroke.
Our mothers, daughters, sisters and friends are at risk. Heart disease and stroke cause 1 in 3 deaths among women each year – more than all cancers combined. Fortunately, we can change that because 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented with education and lifestyle changes.
Get informed about the risks of heart disease and stroke. Know the red flags. Know your heart health story. Go Red For Women inspires women to make lifestyle changes, mobilize communities, and shape policies to save lives. United, we are working to improve the health of women in your community.
It’s time to put our hearts into it and Go Red For Women, so please join us at this year’s luncheon.
Corporate Market Director, Go Red for Women
2227 E Skelly Drive
Tulsa, OK 74105